- Earned Third Team All-Atlantic 10 honors as a senior
- Finished his career with 1,431 points, including 1,269 at Duquesne
- DU point total was the fourth-highest three-year total in school history
- Completed his career as the sixth-best 3-point shooter in NCAA history at .463 (311-671)
- His .458 (271-592) 3-point percentage at Duquesne was the best in Atlantic 10 history
- Became the first men’s basketball player school history to lead the nation in a statistical category when shot .560 from 3-point as a sophomore
- Ranked 32nd nationally in 3-point percentage as a senior when he set a DU single-season record with 118 3-pointers … the 118 3’s tied the fifth-highest total in A-10 history and was tied for third-most in the nation that season
- Highest 3 point percentage in school history
- Played professionally for the Port of Antwerp Giants and led team in three point percentage.
- Professional career cut short due to family reasons.
- Finished his career with 2,272 points which ranked as the 12th-highest total in Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League history
- WPIAL record with 346 career 3-pointers
- Named Class AAA first team all-state as a junior and senior
- First player in over 30 years to lead the WPIAL in scoring in back-to-back seasons
- Scored a career-high 64 points on 19 shots (17-of-19 from the field, including 7-of-7 from 3-point, and 23-of-24 from the foul line)
- 64 points were the second-most in a WPIAL game and most in more than 50 years
- Scored 49 twice and 51 points with 9 three pointers.
Points of focus
- Pro shot shooting technique
- Beginner, intermediate, advanced stationery/moving ball handling.
- Drills that imitate live play.
- Mentoring a good attitude and confidence.
- (1995-2012) Trained Micah Mason
- (2000-2008) Worked at Drill 4 Skill camps for John Miller
- (2003) Formed Evangel Heights Christian Academy Boys and Girls basketball program
- (2004-2007) Formed Highlands Runnin Rams youth travel team/AAU Coach
- Over 400 wins combined as travel and AAU coach
- Since 2005 spent over 20,000 studying basketball, 2,000 plus hours studying the techniques of the best shooters in the world
- (April 1st 2015) Opened Mason Elite Hoops
Clarion University where he started as a redshirt freshman playing multiple positions in a high powered spread offense accumulating over 500 yards receiving yards from the tight end, full back, and wide receiver position. Gage has the ability to teach multiple positions in the sport of football based on his experience from the high school and college level.
“Gage is the hardest working athlete, on and off the football field, that I have had the pleasure of coaching. He is a leader in every sense of the word. His passion and dedication to better himself and the athletes around him on the field and in the weight room was second to none. Gage is a man of character that always gets the best out of everyone around him!” – Steven Baisey, Clarion Offensive Line Coach
- 3 sport athlete at Highlands High School
- (Football, basketball, and track)
- QB and Free Safety
- 1st Team All conference all purpose player and defensive back
- 1st Team North Pittsburgh Post Gazette
- 2nd Team all state Defensive Back
- HS Track- sprinter in the 100, 200, and 4×1 relay.
- Played basketball his senior year posting 10.0 ppg.